Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing recipe, and the Brown Derby Original Cobb Salad, was given to Bob Donohue, of San Antonio, by Bob Cobb, owner of the Brown Derby in Hollwood. Prep time is an estimate.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cups salad oil
- Blend all ingredients, except oils.
- Add olive oil and salad oil.
- Mix well.
- Chill and shake thoroughly before serving on salad.
This dressing is delicious, Ann! Just the right amount of spiciness for my taste! I made 1/2 of the recipe as the ingredients listed would have made over 6 cups of dressing, far too much for our needs. Otherwise, I prepared as directed and served over a tossed green salad. I was somewhat hesitant about the amount of garlic listed, but it proved to be perfect!! Thanks for another great recipe, Miss Annie!