Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love to eat, but am looking for some tasty ways to reduce my caloric intake. Salads are a favorite; and with this one I don't feel like I am sacrificing.
- 2 cups fresh baby greens
- 4 -6 leaves boston bibb lettuce
- 2 -4 leaves radicchio
- 4 leaves Belgian endive
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 slices English cucumbers (thin slices)
- 4 -6 kalamata olives
- red onion, thin shaved, to suit taste
- baby carrots, thin julienned, to suit taste
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1⁄4 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 7 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- lemon zest
- orange zest
- lime zest
- salt or pepper
- To make salad, combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Toss with citrus vinaigrette before serving.
- To make dressing, in measuring cup, combine all juices and balsamic vinegar.
- Add enough apple cider vinegar to make 1/2 cup, which should be about 7 Tablespoons.
- Pour into mixing bowl or blender, with mustard.
- Slowly incorporate oils while mixing.
- Add the zests, and season with salt and pepper.
Fantastic!!! I made this to go along with our steak and baked potato tonight. I thought about making half the recipe, but with the citrus and vinegar combination, I was sure I would like this and I was right!! I used the ingredients I had on hand, which were red and iceberg lettuces, carrots, green onion and celery. I tasted the dressing right after making it and liked it, so once it sits for awhile, before dinner, I can only imagine how nice it will taste. I plan to add some shredded cheese when serving as well. Thanks Cooks4_6 for sharing the recipe. Made for New Tag Game.