Recipe by COOKGIRl
Brown Cow Farm in Vermont has one of the best mass- produced yogurts on the market. For this recipe I would personally use low fat yogurt and save the high fat yogurt for eating straight out of the container.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup any bland oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 cups whole milk yogurt (Brown Cow plain or vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour muffin tins.
- In a large bowl sift the dry ingredients and set aside. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add the oil, milk, yogurt and lemon zest. Stir mixture until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. DO NOT overmix.
- Gently fold in the fresh cranberries. Spoon batter into muffin tins and top with chopped pecans.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes (15-20 minutes for small muffins), or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool several minutes on wire rack. Remove the muffins from pan and cool completely.
- Yield 12 large or 18 small muffins. Serve warm.