1/4 Photos of Brown Cajun Jambalaya
1 hr 5 mins
Whenever I refer to this jambalaya, I call it brown as opposed to the red Creole jambalaya. Prepare all the ingredients the night before, ready to throw it together. Once cooked it can be frozen for future use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage or 1/2 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced thin (scallions)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups converted rice (uncooked, no substitute)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1Prepare Spice Mix in small container; set aside.
- 2In large Dutch oven brown cooked chicken, smoked sausage and diced ham; drain grease.
- 3Add to browned meats the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft, lifting brown bits from bottom of pan.
- 4Add spice mix and stir.
- 5To the same pot stir in 4 cups chicken broth, parsley, green onions, Kitchen Bouquet and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- 6Add 2 cups converted rice, stirring once.
- 7Cover and cook about 20 - 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Cajun Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 1338.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: