Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
calls for a lot of egg whites
- 1 3⁄4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 3 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 12 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 48 mini-cupcake tins with baking papers or grease and flour them.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. When the butter begins to brown and gives off a nutty aroma, 7-10 minutes, transfer the brown butter to a heatproof bowl to stop the cooking.
- Mix hazelnut flour, powder sugar and flour together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add the flour mixture and whisk until combined. Whisk in the brown butter and the honey. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Fill each baking cup 3/4 full. Bake about 18 minutes until golden brown.