I saw this on her show and they looked so delicious I wanted to share the recipe. I know I can't wait to try them! The recipe is also in her "Cookies" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter and flour parchment paper.
- 2In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the butter until it turns golden brown; remove from heat, and let cool. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine browned butter and both sugars; stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Attach bowl to mixer; add eggs. Using the paddle attachment, beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla, and beat to combine. Add flour mixture, walnuts, and toffee bits. Mix until thoroughly combined, and pour into prepared pan.
- 4Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes (do not overbake). Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before turning out of pan onto a cutting board. Peel off parchment paper; cut blondies into 3-inch squares. Blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Butter Toffee Blondies by Martha Stewart
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.2
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 371.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: