Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. Scallops and sweet potatoes fit my WW and cholesterol-reduction diet very nicely. Each serving is 4 pts. From WW's "Simply the Best All American".
Top Review by ellie_
Great dinner! Served with salad for a very filling meal. With the new Points Plus system this is 6 pts, adding my salad and fruit for dessert - still very do-able! Thanks for sharing!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 lb large scallop, sliced in 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE SWEET POTATOES:.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pierce the potatoes in several places.
- Bake sweet potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise, and scoop the pulp into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the milk, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Beat with an electric mixer at low speed until blended and smooth; keep warm.
- PREPARE SCALLOPS:.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the butter just begins to brown slightly.
- Add the scallops, cook, turning once, until browned on the outside, and just opaque in the center, about 1 minute on each side.
- Sprinkle with the scallions and serve with the potatoes.