Prep 6 mins
Cook 48 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. Scallops and sweet potatoes fit my WW and cholesterol-reduction diet very nicely. Each serving is 4 pts. From WW's "Simply the Best All American".
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 lb large scallop, sliced in 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- PREPARE SWEET POTATOES:.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pierce the potatoes in several places.
- Bake sweet potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise, and scoop the pulp into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the milk, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Beat with an electric mixer at low speed until blended and smooth; keep warm.
- PREPARE SCALLOPS:.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the butter just begins to brown slightly.
- Add the scallops, cook, turning once, until browned on the outside, and just opaque in the center, about 1 minute on each side.
- Sprinkle with the scallions and serve with the potatoes.
Great dinner! Served with salad for a very filling meal. With the new Points Plus system this is 6 pts, adding my salad and fruit for dessert - still very do-able! Thanks for sharing!
What a great find!
This was a very a wonderful dish. The I chose to add some shrimp to our dish along with the scallops.
What I loved about this dish was not only was it good but you could make this dish during the week for a memorable dinner.
I only did the sweet potatoes and they were delicious I'll be making them again and again...thanks for posting.