Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tonight's dinner experiment was a home run in my hubby's opinion. He loved this quick, simple yet different way to cook green beans. First the green beans are steamed, and then they are tossed in seasoned browned butter. Easy & delicious--couldn't get any better than that! Yum!
- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- To steam green beans: In a large non-stick skillet, bring 1/2 inch salted water to a boil. Add green beans, cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender and water has evaporated.
- Using a colander, strain water off green beans. Set aside.
- Drain any remaining water from skillet and place over medium heat. Add butter to pan, melt until frothy and watch the pan carefully until the butter begins to brown. Remove from heat and stir in seasonings. Return pan to heat, return green beans to pan, toss in butter mixture and serve immediately.