Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
If using homemade crust, make a day ahead and freeze. Pour ingredients directly into frozen crust then bake.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar (can use 34 cup for a less sweet pie)
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells (if using homemade freeze in advance)
Optional Chocolate Drizzle
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Brown butter in saucepan over medium high heat until it is golden brown. Do not burn and let cool completely.
- Combine light corn syrup, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and pecans in a small bowl. Blend in the browned butter completely. Pour pecan mixture into unbaked pie crust. Bake for 10 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 325°F and cook for 45 minutes or just until center of pie is barely set.
- Optional drizzle: Place 1/4 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips in a small zippered plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, 15 seconds or until melted. Snip off the tiniest corner of the bag. Squeeze chocolate out of the hole over the pie in a back and forth decorative design.