Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from a vegetarian friend and very easy and flavorable. Makes a great side dish. Enjoy.......
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 ounces aged gouda cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 cup coarse unseasoned breadcrumbs (panko are good)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine pasta
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- While water heats, over med. heat combine butter, nutmeg and tumeric.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until butter has melted and browned slightly (8 mins.).
- Meanwhile, in food processor grate cheese
- Add breadcrumbs and pine nuts and pulse several times until mixture resembles coarse sand. Set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Pour butter mixture over pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over top.
Good.. I didn't use smoked, I used reg Gouda but I like how diff it is from pasta sauce.. I'm desperately trying to post my pic!
this was very easy to make and tasted heavenly!!!!the only things i changed was to use a slightly less amount of the nutmeg and i could not find fresh fettucine in ocala, so i used boxed pasta and it was good. thanks for posting this, the recipe will be used regularly