Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Browning butter is a French technique that gives butter a rich and nutty flavor and this recipe has been simplified by preparing it in the microwave oven. Am posting this as a request for recipes for college bound kids. In this particular situation she is right in the heart of NYC.
- Microwave butter in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until butter is brownish in color. (Watch it so as not to scorch it).
- Remove from microwave, and immediately add minced garlic.
- Place green beans, onion, and 3 T water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap, folding back a small edge to allow steam to escape.
- Microwvae on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Toss together hot beans and sliced onion, brown butter mixture and salt; sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and for extra kick -- crushed red pepper flakes.
I used fresh green beans and added leftover sauteed onions. Very nice! I really liked the addition of the red pepper flakes. But, most of all , with all the hot weather here lately, it was nice to be able to cook dinner w/out heating up the whole house. Thanks for sharing!
Quick and easy way to have one of my favorite side dishes. All of my kids atte this one! Thanks for posting!