Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this off the internet, sounded wonderful and wanted to try it as I had all the ingredients...very good...putting here for safe keeping... A great Meatless Monday recipe..
- 453.59 g package gnocchi
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 283.49 g package fresh spinach, torn
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, drain.
- Heat butter in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add pine nuts to pan; cook 3 minutes or until butter and nuts are lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute.
- Add gnocchi and spinach to pan; cook 1 minute sor until spinach wilts,.
- stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
I wanted to really like this recipe, but I think I was doomed from the beginning. I am not a fan of parmesan cheese (so salty) and there is a large amount of that in this recipe. Also, I wasn't sure I was a fan of gnocchi either. Turned out great, I think it just doesn't suit my taste, that is why I rate it 4 stars; I think other people will enjoy it, but I didn't so much. I may try it again, but try to tame the parm in some way.
this is one of our favorite recipes. we try to make it weekly. it is healthy, but does not taste like it is. if we can get broccoli rabe or broccolini we will use that as a green substitute. we will blanch the broccoli rabe or broccolini before we put it in with the gnocchi.