Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in a microwave cookbook I bought at the libary for a quarter. Its a good frosting for cakes of any kind.
- 3 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream or 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in microwave for 3 to 5 minutes in a microwaveable bowl.
- Watch it closely after 3 minutes.
- Stir in sugar.
- Blend in cream and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and spreadable.
a nice frosting recipe for when I forget to take the butter out of the fridge to soften it up for my usual frosting recipe...But be prepared to double the recipe for a 2 layer cake or a 13 x 9 cake...Thank you for posting the recipe and what's the name of the microwave cookbook you got it from?