Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: The Cake Mix Doctor; found online and posted in response to a request. Prep time is a guess-timate.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; heat until the butter browns, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the hot butter over the cream cheese and add the vanilla.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until the butter and cream cheese are smooth and combined.
- Add the sugar, a little at a time, beating on low until the sugar is incorporated.
- Once it has all been added, increase the mixer speed to medium for 20 seconds and beat until fluffy.