Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Creamy and delicious; you won’t believe it’s cauliflower.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped chives or 1⁄2 teaspoon green onion
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto (optional)
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan and cook the garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Drain the cauliflower well; do not let cool and pat it very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In the bowl, mash the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan, asiago, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper until almost smooth.
- Mix in chives and pesto, if desired, and serve.