Recipe by Delicia T
From Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body... Browning brings out the richness of the butter. Go ahead and try a little spoonful from the pan, see, now you know what I'm talking about. The nutty, salty, sweet, milky flavors are all enhance. The brown butter and the brown sugar really give the loaf a depth of flavor that can't be achieved form just using regular butter or white sugar. It is worth the effort of using 1 extra pan to make the brown butter, it is TOTALLY worth it! The 'crust' has a perfect slight crunch, and the inside, wow, I literally can't stop eating it. It isn't overly sweet either. It is sweet yes, but not like a cake. But it is buttery like a cake, PERFECT!
Top Review by nemokitty
This turned out good. I should have followed Mandarin King's advice and covered it with aluminum foil. Mine turned out a little dry and very brown. It still had a great taste, though. Made for PAC Orphanage 2011.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour (I actually used 10 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas (equal to about 13 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium saucepan over high melt the butter. Once it is melted lower the heat to medium and swirl the butter around the pan instead of stirring it. It will take about 5 minutes for it to brown. Occasionally swirl it. You will notice when it turns brown because it literally, turns brown. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool while getting everything else ready.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs then add the mashed bananas, vanilla and the semi-cooled butter.
- Add the liquid to the dry mixture. Mix just until incorporated, don't over mix. I only used maybe less then 15-20 stirs. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes, until it is browned on top and a fork inserted comes out clean. Cool for at least 15 minute sin the pan before cutting and serving.
- Cut loaf into 10 slices and serve, warm, with extra butter?!