Recipe by JoJoStar
The most delicious mashed potatoes ever! The scallions provide sweetness, and the brown butter adds a nuttiness. Please follow ingredient amounts exactly...I know it may seem like a lot of scallions but its not.
- 2267.96 g yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14.79 ml salt
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter
- 2 bunch scallions, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2.46 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover potatoes with cold water by 2 inches in a 5-to 6-quart heavy stock pot and add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a collander, then return to pot and cook over moderate heat, shaking pot ocasionally, until dry, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mash hot potatoes with masher or force through food mill into another pot, then cover to keep warm.
- Bring milk with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt just to a boil in a 1-quart saucepan, then remove from heat and stir into potatoes until combined.
- Stir in sour cream, then cover and keep warm.
- Cook butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat, stirring frequently and scraping up brown bits, until foam subsides and butter is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add scallions and pepper and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Fold butter mixture into mashed potatoes and season with salt.