Recipe by Mrs Goodall
Adopted this lovely recipe...original description was the following...A great sauce for fish, beans, polenta or just about any cooked vegetable.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small heavy skillet, cook butter over moderate heat until it takes on a golden brown color and smells like roasted hazelnuts- about 2 minutes.
- Off heat, add balsamic vinegar.
- It will sputter.
- When it stopps sputtering, return to heat and add chicken broth.
- Increase heat and boil for 30 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot Will keep refrigerated for 1 week.