Recipe by gailanng
Some sauce tips: Always use real Parmesan cheese and grate it yourself. Canned Parmesan will result in a grainy texture in your sauce. Bring the Parmesan to room temperature by letting it sit on the counter for 15 to 20 minutes once it is shredded. Cheese that is at room temperature will melt and blend evenly, helping you attain a creamy and smooth texture to your sauce.
- 118.29 ml salted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 236.59-354.88 ml grated parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed deep skillet over medium-low heat. Swirl pan occasionally until the butter solids and garlic begin to turn light brown.
- Once butter starts to turn a medium brown color, slowly pour in cream. Continue to simmer for about 10 minutes over low heat stirring continuously until bubbly and thickened.
- Slowly sprinkle in cheese and continue stirring until cheese is completely melted and sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.