Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Unusual perhaps but good nonetheless. From Healthy Cooking. Cook time is chill time.
- 6 ounces fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 ounce finely chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 cups low-fat unsweetened yogurt
- 2 large egg whites
- walnut halves
- orange, slices
- fresh mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Mix bread crumbs, walnuts and sugar together and spread over a sheet of parchment in broiler pan. Broil, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until crisp and browned. DON NOT LET SUGAR BURN. Remove fromheat and allow to cool.
- When the mixture is cool transfer to a mixing bowl and add nutmeg, orange rind, and yogurt. Mix well. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold the egg whites into the bread crumb mixture using a metal spoon.
- Spoon mixture into 4 mini-basins (ramekins will do, don't worry about the fancy little pans, smooth over the tops, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- TO SERVE:
- Holdthe bases of the molds in hot water for a few seconds, then turn ovto serving plates. Serve immediately, decorated with walnuts, orange rind, and mint leaves.