Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
I clipped this from a magazine. Posting it here so I wont loose it. Haven't tried it yet. If someone makes it please don't forget to review or drop me a line and let me know how it turned out! =)
- Heat a baking sheet in a 350°F oven.
- In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat, all purpose flour, wheat bran, wheat germ, baking soda and salt.
- Using your fingers, rub the stick of butter into the flour.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Knead 5-6 times and shape into a ball.
- Flatten to a 9-inch disk.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and place loaf in center.
- Cut an "X" about 1/2 inch deep across disk.
- Bake 1 hour, rotating pan once halfway through baking.
- Transfer to wire rack; cover with a clean kitchen towel.
- Let stand 1 hour before slicing.