Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a sous chef lesson on Thanksgiving.
- 2 cups corn flakes, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 5 sliced apples
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons apple juice
- Combine corn flakes and butter. Spoon 1/3 of corn flakes mixture in dish.
- Cover with half of the apples.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, spices and lemon rind. Spread half of mixture on top of apples.
- In a third bowl, combine lemon juice and apple juice. Pour half over apples.
- Top with corn flakes.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Uncover and bake another 20-30 minutes or until soft and brown.