Recipe by Bec
Another recipe for Bruna Bönor that I have. Preparation time does not include time to soak beans overnight. Makes 4 servings.
Top Review by Kevin Young
I can't really give any stars because I was not able to find any brown beans so didn't make the recipe correctly. I substituted pinto beans and found this to be quite good. A very different flavor but certainly something I will make again. I thought the amount of vinegar might overpower but it was great. My 3y/o daughter absolutely annhialiated these things. Thank you for a nice recipe.
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown dried beans
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash beans. Put into a saucepan and add 5 cups water. Soak overnight.
- Set saucepan over high heat and bring water to the boiling point quickly. Reduce heat and cook over low heat about 1 hour.
- Add seasonings and continue to cook over very low heat for another hour, or until mixture thickens and beans are tender.
- If it doesn't thicken enough, remove the cover, turn heat on high and stir and cook for about 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water if the beans are too thick.