A nice salad with an oriental flavour based on my black rice salad recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/black-rice-salad-418440
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked brown basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 stalks celery (medium size, finely chopped)
- 100 g dried cranberries (the sweetend kind)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (dry roasted for a few minutes and coarsly chopped)
- 1Rinse the brown basmati rice with cold water in a sieve.
- 2Put the drained basmati rice in a saucepan, poor plenty of boiling water over the rice, add the salt and cook the rice according to the package directions so they still have "a bit of a bite".
- 3Rinse the cooked rice with cold water in a sieve, drain it thoroughly then pour into a bowl.
- 4Add the chopped walnuts, cranberries and celery.
- 5Mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette and poor over the rice salad.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Basmati Rice Salad With Celery, Cranberries and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 304.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar