Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick & easy totable Italian lunch!
- 1⁄2 cup chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 2 slices Italian bread, lightly buttered
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into strips
- sliced olive, well drained
- Combine cream cheese& basil; spread on slice of bread.
- Top with peppers, olives& second slice of bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
Good stuff! I used Indian hard bread and chopped onions, basil and cliantro and added curd too to the mix. We liked the crunch and the taste too! The olives gave it a good twang.
This made a nice light sandwich just perfect for summer! I didn't have the cream cheese with the chive and onion so I added onion powder and scallions. I put this on Jewish rye and it was delicious! Thanks CL!