Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Instead of sandwiches in your brown bag -- why not try these burritos. Found in an old Taste of Home Magazine. Make ahead, freeze and pull one out when you need a quick lunch or snack.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef; drain.
- Add the next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat 3-4 tortillas in a microwave until warm, about 45 seconds. Spoon 3-4 tablespooms of the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with 2-3 tablespooms of cheese.
- Roll up. Wrap each burrito in paper towel; then in foil. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate if using right away. Or freeze.
- Burritos can be eaten cold. If warming, remove the foil and place in microwave for about a minute. However, if frozen, they will take longer. I suggest warming for 45 seconds to a minute on 50% power to thaw some, and then completing the warming process at a higher power.
I'm reviewing this recipe again because I did make these and put them in the freezer. I took one of the burritos for lunch on Friday and it was wonderful. Great idea and convenient to have these in the freezer and ready to take for lunch!
I remember this recipe from that magazine. So glad you posted it. These burritos are amazing. My whole family loved them. And the best part you can jazz these up anyway you want!! You can make them spicey, more meaty even more cheesy! Love these!
Had a bit of a vinegar taste, maybe I did something wrong, gonna start over