Instead of sandwiches in your brown bag -- why not try these burritos. Found in an old Taste of Home Magazine. Make ahead, freeze and pull one out when you need a quick lunch or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, brown the ground beef; drain.
- 2Add the next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Heat 3-4 tortillas in a microwave until warm, about 45 seconds. Spoon 3-4 tablespooms of the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- 4Top with 2-3 tablespooms of cheese.
- 5Roll up. Wrap each burrito in paper towel; then in foil. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate if using right away. Or freeze.
- 6Burritos can be eaten cold. If warming, remove the foil and place in microwave for about a minute. However, if frozen, they will take longer. I suggest warming for 45 seconds to a minute on 50% power to thaw some, and then completing the warming process at a higher power.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Bag Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 442.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g