1/3 Photos of Brown Arroz Con Pollo (Brown Rice and Chicken)
Karina A's Note:
Healthier version of the Latin dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium onion (quartered)
- 2 green peppers (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed and drained canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon sazon goya or 1 teaspoon any other seasoning salt
- 1Saute chicken strips in nonstick skillet until white, about 5 minutes.
- 2Set aside and keep warm.
- 3In large skillet, bring all other ingredients, except peas, to a boil. Cover and simmer about 45 minutes, until rice has absorbed liquid. Add peas and chicken, remove from heat and let steam.
- 4Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Arroz Con Pollo (Brown Rice and Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 262.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: