Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a healthy dish that's good too :P
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, crushed
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Put the brown and wild rices, water, salt, and crushed almonds into the rice cooker.
- Cook until the cooker turns from cook to warm.
- Add the asparagus on top of the rice, pour in the vegetable broth, cover and re-set to "cook."
- Cook until the asparagus is tender but not overcooked.
- Remove from rice cooker and toss gently with lemon juice.
- Garnish with more almonds.
Quick, easy & tasty recipe. For those who prefer their asparagus partially crisp, I would recommend stopping the cooking 1/2 way through the 2nd time. Due to preference we didn't add the nuts. Nice recipe, thanks for sharing.