Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Home made dinner rolls. Make up a batch and have rolls ready when you are.
Make and share this Brown and Serve Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together 3 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl.
- Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120 to 130F).
- Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture; beat until smooth, about 3 minutes on high speed with mixer.
- Gradually stir in more flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (5 to 8 minutes).
- Shape dough into a ball, place in an oiled bowl, and turn to oil top of dough.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place 30 to 45 minutes until double in bulk.
- Punch dough down, divide in half.
- Shape each half into rolls.
- Let rise in a warm place 30 to 45 minutes until double in bulk.
- Bake at 375' degrees F 20 to 25 minutes just until rolls begin to change color.
- Cool in pans 20 minutes.
- Finish cooling on wire racks.
- Place in plastic bags and refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze.
- Before serving, place (thawed if frozen) rolls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 400' degrees F 10 to 12 minutes.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I was in charge of the rolls for Thanksgiving dinner and didn't want to spend all morning making rolls to take. This recipe was perfect! I was able to make the rolls the night before and just put them in the fridge until it was time to go. Then we just threw them in the oven when the turkey was done. They were gone so fast that I almost didn't get one (my dh didn't). I made them again last night so I could have some in my freezer, and my dh finally got to taste one. He said they are "really good" which is a huge compliment from him. PS. Now I'm in charge of the rolls for all the family gatherings!
The only regret I have about this recipe is that I didn't see it sooner! I can't believe how easy these rolls are to mix up, partially bake, toss in the fridge, and bake the morning you're ready to serve them...They were so nice for Thanksgiving dinner...Made a huge flat pan for the family, and a few left over for dad and I to have the next day! Will definitely be making these again...They're just sooo good...Thanks so much for posting, Kiddo...We all enjoyed them very much... Laudee