Recipe by Aroostook
This is a hearty dirty rice... chicken livers,brown rice+ white rice + beans.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
Wonderful flavor. I used all brown rice, left out the chicken livers and substituted herbed olive oil for the butter because I'm trying to feed my family healthier, but the combo of spices and such was incredible. Definitely a new way for me to prepare brown rice.
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked in stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white rice, cooked in tomato juice
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 lb chicken liver, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups red beans or 2 cups black beans, washed and drained (canned is fine)
- louisiana hot sauce, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rices and set aside.
- Saute chicken livers and chopped onions in butter until livers are cooked through and onions soft.
- Add green onions and spices, stir and cook 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add rices and warm though.
- taste for S& P.
- Add beans, stir, cover and heat through.
- Serve with Louisiana Hot Sauce on side.