Recipe by Sackville
I love this recipe. The title makes it sound so much better than plain old scrambled eggs and appropriately so because it IS much better than just scrambling a few eggs in a pan, without any garnishes. And not much more work either...
Top Review by Evie*
My son and I made these for my husband for Fathers Day (September 1st) he loved them! I used tiny button mushrooms and will make these again, very creamy in texture, thanks for posting.
- 8 fresh eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork for one minute.
- Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and beat for another minute.
- Wipe the mushrooms and, keeping separate piles, dice eight of them and slice the other two.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter and the oil in a frying pan and fry the diced mushrooms for one minute.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Sauté the sliced mushrooms and place next to the diced mushrooms.
- Heat the remaining butter in the pan and pour in the eggs.
- Whisk in a steady movement from the edges of the pan to the centre over a medium heat for a few minutes, until the mixture is smooth and creamy but still fairly liquid.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the diced mushrooms, garlic and parsley and return to a high heat for a few seconds, stirring until the mixture is thick like custard.
- Pour into a warm shallow dish or individual dishes.
- Arrange the sliced mushrooms on top and dust with parmesan.
- Serve with a nice, hearty, buttered toast.