3 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Original recipe is from Rick Bayless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place dry beans in a fine colander and pick out any stones you see.
- 3Place in a large pot and add the water.
- 4Bring to a boil-boil for 4 minutes, cover and remove from heat.
- 5Let stand for 1 hour.
- 7Cover the beans with the remaining 6 cups water, add the lard and onion.
- 8Bring to a simmer over medium low heat.
- 9Partially cover and simmer until they are fully tender, about 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- 10Stir often to prevent sticking and scorching.
- 11Season with salt and serve.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brothy Beans
Serving Size: 1 (3290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 397.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g