Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Original recipe is from Rick Bayless.
Make and share this Brothy Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Place dry beans in a fine colander and pick out any stones you see.
- Place in a large pot and add the water.
- Bring to a boil-boil for 4 minutes, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Cover the beans with the remaining 6 cups water, add the lard and onion.
- Bring to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Partially cover and simmer until they are fully tender, about 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- Stir often to prevent sticking and scorching.
- Season with salt and serve.