Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is just a simple way to prepare rice that is a change from just using water. To be a little creative, add some of your favorite herb into the rice broth mixture while it's simmering. Some good ones are fresh rosemary, thyme or oregano.
- 1 (14 ounce) can Swanson chicken broth (1 3/4 cups) or 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- Heat broth in saucepan to a boil.
- Stir in rice (and any herb if desired).
- Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until done.