Recipe by JillAZ
A substitute for commercial broth powders or bouillon granules or cubes. This has far less sodium. To use this to replace commercial product. 2 teaspoons of this mix plus 1/2 teaspoon salt = 1 bouillon cube. This comes from the Miserly Meals cookbook. Nutritional yeast is available at the health food store. It is also known as Brewer's yeast.
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon paprika (regular or smoked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse until well blended.
- Place in an airtight container and store for up to 6 months.
- Add 1 T. mix to a cup of hot water for a cup of soup or broth.
- Use in any recipe calling for commercial bouillon cubes or granules.
- This makes 1-2/3 cups of mix.