A deliciously creamy pasta dish that doesn't use any cream. The vegetable broth mixed with fresh pesto makes a very flavorful sauce. You can use real chicken but you sould try the Quorn stuff - it's really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon v for vegan butter substitute
- 2 tablespoons v for vegan butter substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 1 (12 ounce) package quorn pieces, chicken-style recipe tenders
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce, can use more to taste
- 1Place the vegetable broth into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta, and boil over medium-low heat until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta, and reserve broth.
- 2Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and stir in half the spring onions; cook and stir until the onions begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes, then add the vegetarian chicken-style pieces. Cook until vegetarian pieces are browned, about 3 minutes per side, then stir in remaining onion and green peas. Pour 1/2 cup of reserved vegetable broth into the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil, cook for 1 to 2 minutes to cook the peas, and stir in the pasta and pesto sauce. Mix in an additional 1/2 cup of broth to form a creamy sauce.
- 3COOK'S NOTE:.
- 4To make homemade pesto sauce, combine 3 cups chopped fresh basil, 1/2 cup baby spinach, 5 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 cup of pine nuts, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese in a blender or food processor. Slowly add 1/2 cup olive oil while blending. Continue blending until desired consistency is reached; add fresh ground black pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broth Pesto With Pasta, Peas, and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium vegetable broth