Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I never knew there could be so many distinct tastes in one dish. I have served this several times for company and everyone has loved it. From Jamie Oliver.
- 6 ounces dried black beans, soaked overnight
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups fish stock
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced gingerroot
- 8 medium scallops
- 8 -12 raw tiger shrimp, cleaned and deviened
- 1 lb live clam
- 1 lb noodles
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 2 fresh red chilies, seeded and finely sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juice of
- Rinse the soaked black beans. Cover with water, bring to a boil, and simmer until tender.
- Bring the stock to the boil and simmer with the ginger. Steam the seafood in a steamer over simmering stock (if you don't have a steamer, place the seafood into a foil envelope, add a swig of water or white wine, and bake in the oven at its highest temperature for 5 to 10 minutes or until the clams open up).
- While your seafood is steaming, cook the noodles in boiling salted water until tender and drain.
- Divide the noodles between 4 deep broth bowls and scatter with the seafood, beans, herbs and chili.
- Check the seasoning of the broth and serve it from a teapot at the table. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice.