1/3 Photos of Brooke's Famous Polenta Pudding Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
This is definitely not your ordinary cake! My sister makes this on special occasions and holidays. Recently had a dessert party for an upcoming bride and with a table full of desserts this one was the most raved about cake. Don't let the name fool you, it's delicious served with the compote and fresh berries. Beautiful presentation. Thanks for sharing Brooke! Everyone has requested this recipe. It's awesome.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1Position rack in center of oven. Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- 2Butter and flour a 10-inch springform pan.
- 3Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Beat in eggs and yolks, one at a time, then vanilla and salt. Stir in flour and cornmeal.
- 4Transfer batter to prepared pan (batter will be very thick).
- 5Bake cake until deep golden brown on top and tester inserted into center comes out with some moist crumbs still attached. (about 1 hour 10 min) Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Remove pan sides and cool cake completely.
- 6Meanwhile, gently mix berries, 1/2 cup sugar and framboise in medium bowl. Let stand until sugar dissolves.
- 7Slice cake and serve with compote and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brooke's Famous Polenta Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.4
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 199.7 mg
- Sodium 213.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 73.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g