Recipe by Frau Frau
I got this recipe from a good friend of mine. I never make Lasagna any other way now. There is no need to soak the noodles and deal with that soggy mess. Just layer the ingredients (adding whatever else you like!) and stick it in the oven. Pick a spaghetti sauce that you like, since it flavors the whole dish. It's far from authentic, but it's good and utilitarian!
Top Review by Keri Lee
I was searching on the computer for a lasagne recipe that was quick, simple and great tasting. I tried this one and it was perfect for all of the above. Thank you so much. ~Keri Lee~
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, parsley, and parmesan in bowl.
- Spray 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Layer dry, uncooked noodles (regular kind, not fast cooking, or anything else), then cottage cheese mix, then mozzarella, and spaghetti sauce.
- Repeat layers, topping with more cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
- This recipe is very flexible.
- It tastes great with pre-browned ground beef, or any number of veggies.
- I usually add fresh broccoli, zucchini, and frozen spinach to mine.
- That does add water, so throw in some flour or bread-crumbs, if you'd like, otherwise it just makes the noodles more moist.