Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A variation on bread and butter pudding from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 slices bread
- butter (no substitutions)
- 1 pint milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Spread bread with butter.
- Cut into small squares, discarding crusts.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish, set that dish into a pan of water and bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes.