Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a well-seasoned mixture for grilled chicken. I often make extra of this chicken to have on hand for salads or other casseroles.
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Pat chicken dry, then place each breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound gently, but firmly, with a meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine seasonings, stirring to blend well.
- Dip chicken in 1/4 cup melted margarine, then sprinkle seasoning mixture on one side of chicken breasts.
- Grill over medium-high coals 2 or 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle seasonings on other side of chicken; turn and cook chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 2 or 3 more minutes.
- You may baste chicken with additional melted margarine, if desired, while grilling.
Looking for some ideas on grilling the chicken quarters(legs) I had on hand ,this recipe took my fancy. The result turned out just fine ,I liked the "bronze" colour the most.and the taste was fine,thanks Chris for posting. This will be made again,always a great sign for me.Don