Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a really pretty peachy color jelly. It is very sweet and tangy. I make this every year.
- Place scuppernongs in large dutch oven and pour in water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take potato masher and mash fruit.
- Drain through cheese cloth.
- This should yield around 5 cups of juice, you may have a little over or under.
- If you have under, add water to bring up to 5 cups.
- Measure sugar into a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
- Place the juice in large boiler with the box of pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Be sure that it is a full boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Add sugar all at once.
- Bring back to a full rolling boil.
- Again be sure that it is a full boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Boil for 1 minute after reaching the full rolling stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into jars that have been sterilized and preheated.
- Wipe rims of jars with a clean, wet, warm dishtowel.
- Place lids on jars and tighten rings.
- Process in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- Remove from hot water and allow to cool completely before storing in pantry.
My mom and I just made this jelly and I have to say that it is an easy and great tasting recipe. About to go make another batch. I must say that we did use a couple cups of the purple scuppernong grapes with the bronze to give it a rose color, which turned out so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for this wonderful recipe! It has a terrific flavor and everyone loves it.
I'm going to try this recipe this weekend. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks