This makes a really pretty peachy color jelly. It is very sweet and tangy. I make this every year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place scuppernongs in large dutch oven and pour in water.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3Take potato masher and mash fruit.
- 4Drain through cheese cloth.
- 5This should yield around 5 cups of juice, you may have a little over or under.
- 6If you have under, add water to bring up to 5 cups.
- 7Measure sugar into a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
- 8Place the juice in large boiler with the box of pectin.
- 9Bring to a full rolling boil.
- 10Be sure that it is a full boil that cannot be stirred down.
- 11Add sugar all at once.
- 12Bring back to a full rolling boil.
- 13Again be sure that it is a full boil that cannot be stirred down.
- 14Boil for 1 minute after reaching the full rolling stage.
- 15Remove from heat.
- 16Pour into jars that have been sterilized and preheated.
- 17Wipe rims of jars with a clean, wet, warm dishtowel.
- 18Place lids on jars and tighten rings.
- 19Process in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- 20Remove from hot water and allow to cool completely before storing in pantry.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bronze Scuppernong Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1724 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1201.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 311.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 299.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: