Recipe by 4Susan
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. A delicious sweet and spicy jelly sauce - no berry fruits harmed in the making. It tastes more sweet than hot. Yummy with spicy finger foods such as jalapeno poppers, and also great on meats such as lamb chops. Recipe is an Arby's restaurant copycat posted on Planet Hamster. *I've made this without the Pectin - I added 1/8 C of Wondra, and it turned out fine. It's pretty close to the original!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons fruit pectin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 50 drops red food coloring or 1⁄4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canned jalapeno pepper, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients except the Bell and minced jalapeno peppers in a small saucepan; Whisk well.
- Set saucepan over medium / high heat, uncovered; Add peppers and bring mixture to a full boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer sauce for 5 to 7 minutes, or until thick.
- Remove from heat and let sauce sit for about 10 minutes; Stir and cover.
- Use sauce when it reaches room temperature or cover and chill until needed.