Lori Mama's Note:
Good way to use up some of those broken pieces of lasagna noodles that seem to appear at the bottom of the box, or you can just break some up for this recipe. Don't use the no boil pasta. Taken from Food Network Magazine July/Aug. 2012 edition with adjustments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large zucchini, coarsely grated
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 ripe tomatoes, sins removed, seeded and cut into medium dice
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 small bunch chives, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1In large pot bring salted water to a boil.
- 2Add noodles and cook, stirring so they won't stick together, until done. About 12 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in colander, mix together the zucchini and salt. Let sit 10 minutes and then squeeze out as much moister as possible.
- 4In medium saute pan, over medium heat, melt the bitter, cook the tomatoes for 5 minutes, Add the zucchini and saute another 5 minutes.
- 5Drain the pasta and add vegetable mixture along with the zest/juice, the Parmesan, half the chives and pepper to taste.
- 7Divide among warmed bowls and garnish with additional cheese and the rest of the chives.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broken Lasagna With Zucchini Toamto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 583.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: