Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Taste of Home. Looks like stained glass windows when cut. Cooking time is chilling time.
Make and share this Broken Glass Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 4 1⁄2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch greased pan.
- Combine lime gelatin and 1 1/2 cups boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour into an oiled 8 inch x 4 inch x 2 inch loaf pan; chill until very firm.
- Repeat for strawberry and orange gelatins.
- Soften the unflavored gelatin in cold water.
- Boil pineapple juice; stir into unflavored gelatin.
- Set aside until slightly thickened.
- Place whipped topping in a large bowl; gently fold in pineapple juice mixture.
- When flavored gelatins are firm, cut into 1-inch cubes; gently fold into whipped topping mixture.
- Spoon over crust.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
My friend's mom makes this and I love it! Only thing she does differently is that she sprinkles the graham cracker topping on top of each serving instead of as a crust.
My mom used to make this dessert in the 70's and we all loved it. When I saw it here, I knew I had to make this in her memory. It was so delicious and brought back such wonderful memories. My whole family enjoyed this light and refreshing dessert. Thank you for posting.
This is exactly what I was looking for. It was really great and you have to have experience to know a recipe this good, so kudos and bravo!