Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It's not really a "cake" but a great dessert. I remember my aunt's sister bringing this to family gatherings. I always loved the taste and was so glad when I got the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert or 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 envelope of knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- Melt butter, stir in crumbs and brown sugar, and press into an ungreased 9 x 13" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Prepare Jello as directed on package, and pour into three separate shallow pans to set.
- Dissolve one package of plain Gelatin in ¼ cup cold water.
- Heat one cup of pineapple juice, and add to gelatin.
- Cool until syrupy but do not let set.
- Whip together 2 packages of Dream Whip according to the directions on the package.
- Add to the pineapple mixture.
- Cut Jello into cubes and add to mixture along with one cup of crushed pineapple.
- Mix all together and pour on graham crust.
- Chill until set.
This is such a pretty dessert! I love Jell-O and pineapple and this is a great combination of the two. It takes time but is not difficult to make. Made for Zaar 1st Annual Holiday Tag Game. Thanks for posting Mg!