Recipe by echo echo
Adapted from the Newman's Own brand's recipe site. Preparation time does not include time for marinating.
Top Review by Merlot
This is a wonderful way to prepare scallops. It's easy and we loved the combination of the salad dressing and soy sauce. It gives the scallops a lovely flavor without overpowering them. I marinated for about 1 hour. Great recipe, echo echo!!!
- 6 tablespoons newman's own olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs scallops
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salad dressing through salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and mix well into dressing mixture.
- Place scallops in baking dish, pour dressing mixture over top and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Broil or grill about 4-6 inches from heat source about 5 minutes for small bay scallops or 10 minutes for larger sea scallops; brush occasionally with marinade.
- Serve hot.
- Good with steamed white or brown rice.