Poor College Kid's Note:
I'm such a fan of 'sammiches.' This one is really easy and my uber-picky roommmate even said it smelled good. I made it on regular bread 'cause there wasn't anything else on hand, but it would be great on a baguette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble or slice the tofu thinly (think sandwich), roll or coat in za'atar evenly.
- 2Lay both slices of bread on baking sheet.
- 3Sprinkle one slice of bread with some of the cheese, lay tofu over it, sprinkle with more cheese.
- 4Place zucchini slices on other piece of bread, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5Salt and pepper if desired.
- 6Broil on 300 for 10 minutes or so, or until cheese melts and zucchini looks browned.
- 7Put slices together, cut diagonally (sammiches taste best when cut diagonally), and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Za'atar Tofu and Zucchini Sammich
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 539.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
za'atar spice mix