Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm such a fan of 'sammiches.' This one is really easy and my uber-picky roommmate even said it smelled good. I made it on regular bread 'cause there wasn't anything else on hand, but it would be great on a baguette.
- Crumble or slice the tofu thinly (think sandwich), roll or coat in za'atar evenly.
- Lay both slices of bread on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle one slice of bread with some of the cheese, lay tofu over it, sprinkle with more cheese.
- Place zucchini slices on other piece of bread, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Salt and pepper if desired.
- Broil on 300 for 10 minutes or so, or until cheese melts and zucchini looks browned.
- Put slices together, cut diagonally (sammiches taste best when cut diagonally), and enjoy!