Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent sauce makes these special venison chops. If the chops are tough, marinate overnight in a red wine marinade.
- Generously butter both sides of the chops and place them on a broiler pan positioned about 4 inches from the heat.
- Preheat the broiler and cook the chops for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on heated plates, adding salt and pepper at the table Serve the chops with blackberry game sauce.
- --------Blackberry Game Sauce---------.
- Place the berries in a saucepan over moderate heat and bring them to a boil.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the pectin.
- Cool and refrigerate for use with game.
- This recipe can be doubled.
- It can also be poured into sterilized jars and sealed with paraffin for long-time storage.
This was an excellent recipe. I used cranberrie chutney for my sauce instead and it was delicious! I cooked my cops slightly further than 4inches so I left them in for 7 minutes on each side....came out perfectly :) Thank you for sharing!!!
so good, i was looking for a healthier way to cook venison chops for me and the hubby..i had never broiled it before, i'm not even a fan of venison, but this was tasty..thanks for posting!