Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Quick, easy lunch. The original recipe was low carb, but for those not watching their carbs, this turkey also makes a great sandwich with some of the aioli spread on bread along some lettuce and cheese.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced
- In a bowl, slowly pour soy sauce into mayonnaise, stirring to blend (or squish together in a ziplock bag).
- Combine with oil, lemon juice, oregano, parsley, pepper, garlic and water.
- Thoroughly coat both sides of turkey with portion of sauce; let stand 5 minutes.
- Broil 6-8" from heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn slices over; brush with remaining sauce.
- Broil until no longer pink in center (about 1-2 minutes).
LOVED this recipe - with a couple of slight changes. First I used turkey cutlets instead of breasts, as it is what I had on hand, and secondly; I discovered (since I had to cook up the turkey cutlets in two batches) that the flavors blend into the turkey and make it SOOO much more flavorful if you saute them in a pan. No need to butter or cooking spray, the sauce is enough. over low heat until cooked through. We will be having this A LOT in our house!!!
I LOVE THIS!!!!! I bake my turkey breasts on 375 for 30 minutes instead of broiling them but no matter how I cook this... ITS AWESOME!!! My kids loved it too! Now that Im dieting, I bake the turkey and put it in a wrap with Romaine and Parmesian Cheese and it is sooooo yummy!! Thanks so much for this recipe!!