Recipe by littleturtle
Marinated, broiled strips of turkey on a bed of spinach. Quick and easy. Low fat and a great source of Protein, Thiamin (B1), and Manganese.
Top Review by cubbief1
Made this tonight and it was very, very tasty. It seems to me that if you are not eating "healthy", I can imagine that wrapped in a tortilla with fresh tomatoes would work well.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless turkey breast, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 1⁄4 lbs frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (to garnish) or 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 4 ingredients, 1 teaspoon oil and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add turkey to marinade, turn to coat, and marinate for 40 minutes.
- In a heavy skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Cook spinach and remaining garlic, covered, until spinach is warmed throughout (about 2 minutes).
- Season with pepper.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- On a broiler pan, arrange turkey in a single layer.
- Broil without turning until turkey is done (3-5 minutes).
- Serve turkey strips over spinach.
- Sprinkle with cilantro to garnish.